How Does It Work?
- Persons seeking housing must apply online at www.lmha.org
- Applicants are scheduled to be interviewed based on the date and time of their applications, which may take 4-6 weeks.
- At interview, applicants must bring documentation to verify family composition, citizenship, income, and assets.
- An Enterprise Income Verification (EIV)/Debts Owed background check is performed to determine if money and/or community service ours are owed to any subsidized housing program.
- For families, verifications are sent to utility companies to determine service eligibility.
- Criminal background checks are performed.
- Applicants are placed on housing waiting list once all eligibility requirements are met.
- Applicants will be offered a unit when they reach the top of the waiting list for the appropriate bedroom size.
- Applicants must accept unit offers within 3 business days.
- Once the unit has been accepted, the applicant file is sent to the Project Manager's office for leasing.
▲ Back to top